Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server 4000 Disk Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefDan

Programmer
Aug 11, 2005
US
Thought I would see if anyone knew any tricks to try before I give up on this snap server. I may have had 2 problems, a problematic disk and a failing power supply, however I think it was just the supply. Anyway I used an old PC supply to power the disks. The problem is the Snap decided to take a single disk and format it. I had it setup as a RAID 5 config, and it still sees the RAID 5 setup, however I can't access it. What I want to do is try to force it to rebuild itself, however I have been unsucessful thus far. Anyone know any command line option that might be helpful. I've run through the ones that look like they might help but still no go. I am not sure why it decided to take that one disk and use it as a single disk and I can't figure out how to tell the thing to rejoin the RAID 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back