Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server 2000 - Lights are on, can't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2003
US
We have a Snap Server mdl 2000. Until about 5 days ago it worked fine. Suddenly we can't connect to it. Can't ping it's IP address (not using dhcp), and SnapAssist utility doesn't find it. Link light is steady on, system light and Net light are both blinking at about the rate as other snap server we have.

I tried capturing packets on the lan, since I know the MAC address, see if it was hiding somewhere, but nothing found. Also tried hooking it and my pc to a spare hub (so they were only devices on it), still nothing. Tried using Assist while it was on hub - no luck. Finally tried to shut it down. Waited about 10 minutes and System light was still blinking; so it doesn't appear to be shutting down correctly. I'm starting to think the internal NIC is bad but perhaps there's something I've overlooked?

Any ideas?

c'mon man... the thing is bad! 10 mins shuting down!? trying to find some heartbeat from the LAN port and nothing, the snap is bad, call support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back