Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap in help (GW5.5 and NWAdmin32) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW1983

Instructor
Jan 2, 2007
GB
Hi all, first post. I need help with setting up the groupwise snap ins on nwadmin32.

In novell support it says there should be a file named GWADMA32.DLL in sys\public\win32\snapins. I have found the directory but cannot find the file.

Any idea what I could possibly be missing? Do I need to copy the snap ins folder onto my client PC from the server? If so where?

been a long time for nwadmin and groupwise 5.x

but on the cd - when you run the install -you get an option to install only the admin tools - this basically copies the snapins across - be careful not to select upgrade or install - just the admin tools

it is installed by default on the pc that you set the system up with

Thank you Terry, I've been through the install selecting various different options and when it comes to installing the componenets there is no option for groupwise admin tools. I've had a look at various support sites but there isn't alot of documentation on the subject that I can find unfortunately.

Can I move the snapins over manually to a specific directory on my client PC?

the option acually says copies snapins

i have 5.5 cd somewhere - will go and see what option is
#

bugger need a newtare server to install run the install - dont have one in house just now

i think you can just copy the amin\public files across
not sure if you can launch it from the cd?

During the cd setup the only components it gives me the option to install are:

GW 5.5
GW Desktop
GW Tip of the Day
GW html Support
GW Imaging
GW Workflow

No option there to do with snap ins unfortunately.

Hello!

I also need the GroupWise v5.5 snapins for NWAdmin. Unfortunately, I do not have an installation CD (we started out with GW v6.5).

Would it be possible for someone to e-mail the snapins? My email address is bhowe@omef.com.

Thank you very much for your help!

GroupWise v6.5 is administered using ConsoleOne. Unfortunately, there is a setting that is required for the M$ Exchange connector that cannot be accessed in ConsoleOne, requiring the use of NWAdmin. The required snapin was included in the GW v5.5 installation media, but it was not included with the later versions (because of the ConsoleOne requirement). Hence, I am looking for the GW v5.5 snapins.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back