Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap can't view users on new W2K3 domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

garychamberland

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
We had a major crash and had someone came in to install a new W2003 domain controller. All is well except the Snap 1000 server cannot be accessed as a network drive now. (I can see it, but trying to access it in explorer tells me access is denied) We used to be able to give users access to shares by having the snap server get the users of the domain from the DC under Security > Network Shares.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Just a wild guess as I'm just starting to figure out our first snap server ( has anyone else run into poor support at Adaptec? ) : Was the DC the roll master? ( I still say PDC to myself, sigh ) If so then it had a ID that was specific to it. Was it the only DC on the network?
My thought is that the SNAP trusted your old domain/server, might not trust the new one until it is brought in as well.
If this seems obvious to everyone appolgies to all.

Have you tried to unjoin the W2003 Domain and rejoin?

Also, what version is the SnapOS? SnapOS did not support w2003 domains until 4.X. SO if you are not a 4.X version of SnapOS then it will not work.

Were you running a W2000 domain or NT Domain before and you upgraded to a new W2003 Domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back