Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SN3200 Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekAndy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
I'm trying to get into a SN3200 router through the serial port using Hyper terminal. I tried a laptop with windows 98 and all of the baud rates post garbage to the screen. A PC with windows 2000 won't even communicate at all, ( even went through device manager and changed baud rate, still nothing). I just tried a laptop with windows XP and the first baud rate I tried posted garbage to the screen. I thought these routers had an autobaud feature. Am I doing something wrong?

PS- I'm using the serial port on the router, not the ethernet connection.

The baud rates are 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, or 115200. Other settings are 8 Data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, XON/XOFF flow control.

For autobaud, wait until the Router completes POST and the Firmware Initialization process. This can take 90 seconds. Press the Enter key five or six times and the Router detects the baud rate. Thee baud rate is saved in the Router’s configuration and is retained through future power cycles. Pressing the Enter key before the POST is complete has no effect Wait until both the POST and the Firmware Initialization processes are complete before pressing the Enter key.

Another option is Telnet. The defaults are IP= 1.1.1.1, and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. The default user name is root and password is password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back