Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SN-716 consoles hang when number is pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbang

Vendor
Mar 26, 2017
PH
Good day! We currently have 3 refurbished SN-716 consoles (about 3 of them) and wanting to install on an SV8300 system. My guys say that all 3 are bad and are having the same issue. Console freezes when a number is pressed. They said they boot up just fine but as soon as you start dialing a number, they suddenly hang and will need to reboot them again. From what I read, the SV8300 accepts the SN-716 provided the SW Revision is 2 up. Assuming that the sw is spot on, what could possibly be the other factors causing this behavior to occur? Could it really be that all 3 consoles are problematic?

Your help is very much appreciated

yes definitely
people dont normally say something is bad if it isnt - most likely a keyboard issue - perhaps water damage or they are just worn out

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hey Bill, thank you for your input. The thing is, these consoles were tested before they were sent to the user. Although the test system was a 2400NEAX and not an SV8300. I would think that if these consoles were actually faulty, regardless of what system they were tested on, they shouldn't work at all.

I don't hold my hopes too high but have you looked at this:

The Attendant Console (SN716) cannot reside on a Digital Loop Carrier (DLC0 blade that has CM1363 flagged to a "0" for port "0" on the card.

And then there's this:

1. Attendant Console (SN716/SN753 DESKCON) is connected to DLC blade with the following limitations.
• Maximum of two Attendant Consoles can be accommodated in a DLC blade.
Digital Multiline Terminals (Dterm series-E/i and DT300 series) and DSS Consoles can be accommo-
dated in the DLC blade together.
• The DLC blade for the Attendant Consoles has to be mounted in the Unit01.
• The DLC blade and the Attendant Console have to be updated to the following firmware versions.
- DLC Blade F/W: ver. 2.3 or higher
- SN716 DESK CON A-C F/W: ver. 7A or higher
- SN753 DESK CON F-A F/W: ver. 7A or higher
2. Attendant Console can only be accommodated in Unit01. The maximum number of Attendant Console per
system is eight.
3. AC Adapters are mandatory required for the Attendant Consoles.
4. The maximum cable lengths are as follows.
• 400m with 26AWG
• 600m with 24AWG
• 800m with 22AWG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back