Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Queues Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarym

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2004
US
Ok. I just moved my Internet Mail Connector from 5.5 to 2003. As I watch the Queues, I can see that Hotmail SMTP Connectors and few others keep appearing and it looks like all Hotmail.com mail is stuck in the Queues and will not get delivered. The error that is being logged on NDR is :

This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the
destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact
your system administrator.

Now, I'm not sure why this is happening and happens only to very few domains, but I have seen other posts that also complain about the same thing with Hotmail, but could not find any posts right now. Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks.

Its not a DNS issue becuase if I reboot the machine, then mail went right out. Also, my ISP hosts my external DNS and provide a PTR also. I downloaded SMTPDIAG from microsoft and I get this error, but so far can't find what it means. Error :10060

Just do a google search and a bunch of stuff / ideas come up for your previous error.

"This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the
destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact
your system administrator"

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ~ Baggins

Has anyone found a solution to this error ? I have the same problem with hotmail and yahoo queues. The messages just pile up in those queues and the quese are in a constant retry state.
Sending mail to gmail or some other interent mail or ISP is not a problem.
Additionally and more confusingly, if I reboot the machine the mail in those queues just leaves without a fuss and a bunch of mail is downloaded.

Have the same problem too, running SP2 on Exchange server 2003.

If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

Hi,

I have set up an Exchange 2003 server ( on win2k3), behind an ISA server.:

ISP - (staticwanip)cisco router(10.0.0.99)-(10.0.0.203)ISAserver(192.168.0.2)- (192.168.0.1 )domain network And exchange server
only port 25 is open for incomming mail to the exchange server.

Problem:
The exchange server can send mail to all domains: @hotmail.com / @gmail.com / @skynet.be / ...
And he can recieve the mails from all domains but...
But It can't recieve mails from hotmail.

I see hotmail.com connecting in SMTP sessions for 600 seconds.
Can someone help me, so hotmail.com can deliver his mails?

Thank you.
Aswin Coolsaet

Copy-pasten is voor mietjes, overtippen is voor de 'die-hards' !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back