Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Queues Not Clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPhil

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have looked at a number of the threads on Tek-Tips and have followed the advice about ensuring I am not in Open Relay (on msexchange.org and microsoft.com).

When I change the SMTP Connector to a duff IP address to clear the queues as suggested, the queues do get cleared. However, when I delete the IP and go back use DNS route, 20 or 30 queues suddenly reappear. I have tested using Telnet open 25 and do not get access.

How are these queues coming back?

Help!!!

Phil

Am not exactly sure if we had the same problem, but I had excessive number of queues on mine but I used filters to secure my default SMTP Server.

1. Export queue list
2. print
3. Identify queues that are spam queue if you can.
4. Create a filter and apply it to the connector

anyichux

I am getting very confused. All of the dodgy queues appear to have valid emails in them. I was under the impression that there should only be five or six queues and not that Exchange would create a queue for each domain name that each email was sent to.

Am I barking or am I correct.

You WILL have a queue entry for each domain that Exchange has to deliver email to. Unless you forward all your outgoing email through another single server.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back