Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Notifications and ServerRAID Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipped

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
GB
I'm having no end of problems with IBM's ServerRAID Manager.

I've downloaded and installed the latest version on 4 Windows 2003 Servers and am getting the same problem on each.

When I choose configure and select the SMTP tab it will ask me for a smtp host and reply-to address. I enter my host and reply-to address, click ok and get a message in the respect of "SMTP settings have not been set"

If I check the configure option again I can see that the settings are set somewhere, but when I add a user and try to send a test mail it sends back and error.

October 5, 2004 3:46:31 PM BST ERR -1:A0-1C-S--L-- mummra Error sending message to <mail address>.

Has anyone had this same problem?

The Servers are all identical Xseries 345 8670-61X machines.

Hmm, cheers for the response, but after downloading and installing the patch I'm still gettting the same problem. The patch fixes an error in the respond to field not being formatted correctly, but I'm not getting those errors, just flat won't work.

Just to point out, I can telnet on port 25 to the mail server fine.

Ok, just checked the mail server logs and it appears I am suffering from the fault. It is replacing the reply to string with my machine name.

Will try a uninstall and then a re-install of the patched version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back