Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP mail not getting through

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekrabnai

Technical User
Sep 28, 2000
GB
I have set up a groupwise 5.5 system on a netware 4.11 server which is running NDS.

The good bit:-

When sending an INTERNET Email logged on as ADMIN, all is well....from using the GWIA monitor screen, I can see the Email go through.

The bad bit :-

When sending an INTERNET Email logged on as normal PostOffice member, all is NOT well..Then client does not report any errors, but using the GWIA monitor screen, no entry can be seen 'going through'.

In short, Only ADMIN can send INTERNET Email.

Any clues?????

Many thanks

I'm sort of having the same problem but mine is a NW51 server. Watching the GWIA monitor screen doesn't indicate anything abnormal, but some internet emails are getting through and others aren't. GWCHECK doesn't come up with anything abnormal either. I hope someone out there has a solution.

Do you know what volume (number of messages) your servers are being asked to send out? I have seen GroupWise mail servers drop requests without warning if the smtp threads (inbound and outbound) are not set high enough for the number of requests coming to it. This can happen without any errors or warnings being reported. You can find this setting in NWAdmin under the gwia object properties. Try increasing the outbound setting and see what happens. GW 5.5 should automagically restart the gwia module on the server once the changes have been applied. Hope this helps.

I am building the Groupwise System on a new Server/NDS. I have created some test users, therefore no-one can log in except for me.
I have also noticed that the test users and ADMIN can receive internet mail...

I have found the solution to my problem.

The 'Post Office' Object in the NDS tree needs rights
to its 'Home Directory'. Although these rights were in place, they were not correct.

Even though I completely deleted & re-installed the Domain,Post Office,MTA,POA,GWIA,Addressing Rules....you get the picture, the rights were still not correct...I manually went down the directory until I isolated it

The rights needed for the post office object to post office subdirectory '\\servers\volume\podir\WPCSIN' were [RWCEMF]

This works fine.

Thanks guys for all the help

:-V Happy as Larry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back