Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2005
US
Hi all,

I'm looking for some experts who have used used both Exchange as their only smtp email gateway, and another gateway. I currently use a vended smtp email gateway called PMDF from Process Software. We are migrating to Exchange 2003 soon and our Microsoft Rep is encouraging us to move to Exchange 2003 smtp and remove our current gateway.

I'm open to this possibilty, but I'd like to hear from you folks on your experience.

Deb

I have used both Exchange and the Symantec product acting as a gateway.

I perfer the Symantec product to off load the inital AV scanning and spam filtering so that our production mail server does not have to deal with the load placed on it by these products.

Using the Symantec product in a DMZ also adds greater protection to the private network. If your company uses Symantec Corporate, the SMTP Gateway is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back