Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP extension problem after use of SP4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hma

ISP
Dec 28, 2000
BE
I use MS EX 5.5 and installed SP4. During the install (when the computer starts the services again) I got a ... dr watson.

Exchange starts up now but when I go to the Internet Mail Service I get an error:

Extension 'SMTP' could not be loaded.

An error occurred during file replication. Unable to find the extension .DLL file with the correct version number. To view details of the error see the application event log in the Windows NT Event Viewer on the Microsoft Exchange Server Computer

Microsoft Exchange Administrator
ID no: c1030ad1
(Event log)
The file version of "add-ins\SMTP\I386\imcadmin.dll" installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site.

Any suggestions how to fix this???? I cannot recieve new SMTP mail from my ISP now.. big problem as you know.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Now I have more info about the problem...

The new file imcadmin.dll from SP 4 is added to the right place but because of de Dr Watson error in update.exe (when i supply SP4) the registry is not updated and the exchange administrator detects a wrong version.

Technet has a related article on:
Someone knows how to change this registry setting or knows how to resolve the Dr Watson error?

Thanks a lot!

have you tried reinstalling the service pack???

I have the same problem....Did you ever resolve it?????

I have the same problem....Did you ever resolve it?????

Did you run Optimizer after installing SP4 ? If not you have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back