Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Errors On Exchange Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2009
NG
Hello All;

I have being having issues with Mails going OUT/IN of my domain, it returns the notification below to the Sender from my domain. Mails outside the doamin is either not delivered or delayed.

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<frontendexchangeserver.aaaaa.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox <xxxxx.dddd@domain.org> does not exist>

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

username@domain.com on datem time

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<frontendserver.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;599 Unable to accept message>

username@domain.com on Date Time

<frontendserver.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;599 Unable to accept message>

The first one is quite obvious - the user doesn't exist. Either they are no longer there, or never were (typo).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back