Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imstillatwork

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
IIS 5
Windows 2000 SP4

Within the last week sometime, SMTP Disappeared in the IIS Admin. The Service shows to be running, but will not send mails, and is not in the IIS Admin. I found No clues in the Event Viewer.

What should I do? I have already tried uninstalling SMTP and Reinstalling it, same thing goes..

thank you for your help!!

Have you tried looking in the Services app to see if SMTP still exists as a dependancy for IIS Admin??

Good call... It doesn't... How would I go about fixing that? registry?

Hmmmm, well if its disappeared from there then more of the service could be missing than you realise. Unless any one else can suggest anything I would perhaps uninstall/re-install.

You can simply add it back as a dependancy but if its not there then it work properly anyway.

To add it:

Start > Run > regedt32
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPSVC
Edit DependOnService and type in IISADMIN

Ofcourse if SMTPSVC isn't even there, you have no choice but to re-install.

Tim

SMPT is listed as a Started service, so the registry fix should do it...I'll give it a try when i get home. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back