Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2003
US
A user in our company is not able to send an email to a particular individual outside of the company with using a particular email. We have 2 separate Exchange environments setup here.
This user within our company has 2 different emails; user@company1.com and user@company2.com. This user is unable to send the external to a particular account using the user@company2.com email and gets the following error listed below. But this user is able to send that same email with no errors from user@company1.com

Any ideas?

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: ******* 7/26 @ 8pm 107371
Sent: 07/26/2005 10:33 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'****************' on 07/26/2005 10:33 AM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<************* #5.5.0 smtp;550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer (IP) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support.>

Does this problem only happen when sending to a particular destination?

If I understand you right, you are saying that when you email a particular detination from 1 of 2 email addresses it fails. Is this right?

Do you have PTR record setup for both of these domains you are using for your email addresses?

Steven Parent [MSFT]

We actually have a Connector pointing to Earthlink so I added mindspring.com to the Address Space tab. Adding the address space within the SMTP Connector for EarthLink did not resolve the issue but when I created a new SMTP Connector for Mind Spring....I was able to send a test email and got confirmation that it was relayed and delivered.

Issue resolved....thanks for your help.

I guess I didnt read the question right. I am glad you where able to fix it.

Have a good day.

Steven Parent [MSFT]

thanks Steve....and sorry if I confused you. I'm still getting my feet wet with Exchange.

No problem. I am new to this community and just trying to have some fun helping folks out. There is always something to learn with Exchange. I have supported it for five years and I still learn or relearn something new everyday.

Have a good one!

Steven Parent [MSFT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back