Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP bandwidth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry120

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2001
HK
Hi all,

Today I found our Exchange2k server fully occupy the bandwidth of our network, then, staff told me they access internet very very too slow. As my experience, I know this is the smtp queue problem and I go to the queue to delete the retry mail queue. But the bandwidth still fully occupy by the server, I dun know why , I try to stop the smtp service in control panel, the bandwidth resume to normal and access to internet very fast. Afterward, when I start again the smtp service the bandwidth go back fully occupy, I dun know how to solve this problem , I try to uninstall the smtp and reinstall again but no use......

Anyone can help me ?? now I can not stop the smtp service and all staff blame me ...

please give me help .....:(****

Is their alot of messages waiting to be sent, or messages with big attachments. You could change the retry time on the smtp connector and also set a size limit on outgoing messages

Nick

HI,
Please scan your system becuase this problem is caused by a virus named NIMDA.
I am sure this is the cause of the problem.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back