Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP and TLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharkol1

MIS
Mar 4, 2003
US
Help! I have setup TLS on production servers after testing on non-production and it doesn't work. I am using TLS to have secure connects with certain companies. I have a single virtual smtp server with a thawte certificate installed. Each outbound connection I have gets assigned its own stmtp connector, if TLS is needed then I enable it per connector. So if company xxx requests we send secure email, I create a separate STMP connector that has the company xxx set as the scope and enable the advanced option/outbound to use TLS. We should then only be able to send company XXX email via TLS/SMTP. The problem is that exchange keeps giving an error saying that the 'Remote Server does no support TLS'. If I send from the test servers to the same company it works. After diggin into the SMTP logs I can see the production server try to connect to sites, however it seems to be sending helo rather then ehlo at connection??? I am completely at a loss here - any suggestions???

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back