Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMT-i5220D rec.conf and SMT-i5220.conf tftp files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahman08

Systems Engineer
Dec 1, 2021
TR
Hi,

I am trying to update smt-i5220d firmware via phone menu. In firmware upgrade menu there are two choises, 1. User upgrade, 2. Recovery upgrade. If I choose "User upgrade", the phone try to load "SMT-i5220.conf" file from tftp server. If I choose "Recovery upgrade", the phone try to load "rec.conf" from TFTP server.

We also have some i3100 and i5243 models. i3100 loads itp .ini files and i5243 loads rfu.xml file from TFTP. But I don't know what is rec.conf and smt-i5220.conf files. The update file contains rfu.xml file. I tried to rename rfu.xml to rec.xml and smt-i5220.xml but the phone did not liked it, failed to upgrade. Then I copied and modified i3100's itpfile.ini and renamed it as smt-i5220.conf. The phone seemed to recognized ini format but what ever I give to name parameter, the phone complains about "Downgrade not allowed".

Any body know the correct format for smt-i5220.conf and rec.conf files?

Regards

Rahman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back