Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMSservice account lockouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky

MIS
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Hi. SMS2 SP2. Within the last month I have been having problems with SMSservice account & SMSclient_<sitecode> account being constantly locked out. This started with SQL service account having logon failures. I reset the SQL account (even though all SMS & SQL accounts are set to never expire) and this service started properly. In the following weeks SMS EXEC isn't starting due to login failures. I reset the SMSService password and applied the change to all thre services that I can find which use this account. However the account is being constantly locked out. Any ideas what I am missing - prior to this the service had been running relatively smoothly.

I had the same problem with the SMSClient_<sitecode> account. I found a fix for it on Microsofts Web Site, but I can tell you what I did and save you the hassle of looking for it. Copy the SMSClient_<sitecode> account from within User Manager for Domains and add a number to the end of the name also specify a password and confirm this password. You will also need to add these accounts to the SMS Primary Site Server.

<sitecode>
Client Connection
Client area of SMS.

My suggestion is one account for every 50 NT computers on your network. Wait at least a week for all your CAP's and Logon points to replicate this information. Then disable the old account and see if you are still locking the SMSClient_<sitecode> account. I hope this helps you with your problem

Suzuki, I have been having the same problem with the SMSClient account locking out. Can you post the MS article number? Also, should I delete the original SMSClient account after create new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back