Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMSLOGON

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuidoRossi

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
IT
I had to uninstall and reinstall a secondary site. So I followed the instruction as per the MS technet. After removed the SMSLOGON share and folder (and all other related files/folder ecc) I tried to reinstall it. The problem is that no SMSLOGON folder has been recreated and I don't know how to let the SMS2.0 site server to force its creation.

If you have any ideas.

Tks
Guido

When you enable Windows NT logon, and Logon Discovery it is supposed to create the SMSlogon share automatically. If it never creates one, and you need one for that subnet, then you can just copy a SMSlogon folder from another DC, then go through all the setting and change the DC names.

Correct. I tried but the other problem is regarding the service SMS_NT_LOGON_DISCOVERY_AGENT that keeps that folder updated. If I export the key from another server and I insert it into the new server the service doesn't start due to incorrect password error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back