Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Web Based Storefront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
Has anyone used ESD 2005 ( or a similar product that allows users to request SMS packages from a web based store front?

Are there any of you that have been able to implement a solution that does a similar thing?

We actually created a web interface for our helpdesk that does much the same thing. I have collections based on packages already made in SMS that are advertised. The end user will call the helpdesk and ask for a certain program and they simply add the users computer name to the collection on the webpage and sms pushes it out to them.

It looks like SMSExpert went the extra mile with licensing and more automation. I also "know" (email lists and forums) some of the people over there at SMSexpert and they are very knowledgeable and helpful folks. I have no problem recommending smsexpert products to anyone based on the community involvment and grey matter of the group over there.

Can't say I've used it, but like Tim, know some of the SMSExpert guys, very helpful, only last month, one of the main guys landed a new job at Microsoft (hehehe) mentioning no names ;) (~Tim will know~)

I recommend SMSExpert products...SiteSweeper is the only one I am familiar, and never come across a single problem using it and it does the job, so based on that fact, I'd say go for it.....or offer Tim a ridiculous amount of money and get his setup and a procedure for initial userbased web requests...

Come on Brennan, you need to sell, sell sell.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant
HND, BSc HONS, CCNA, BCS, IETF, DMTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back