Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS: Software Metering

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1969

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
SMS2.0 SP5:

To make a long story short, my company has decided they want to enable software metering. Yes, I know all the horror stories. So, before enabling metering, I tried to save myself the headache of managing this huge database by first adding all of our company’s (15,000+) EXE files in the SQL IGNORE table and then enable metering. After this was done, I let metering “cook” for a week and then I tried going into the Metering Console to Tools, Excluded Programs, and deleting the program EXE’s I wanted to monitor. My problem is that when I try to delete an entry out of the excluded list, I get the following error: “You cannot delete “(file name.exe), because it was not registered for exclusion at this site”. Any ideas why it does this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back