Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sms site wipe and reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtorob

MIS
Jul 5, 2000
CA
I have wiped my Primary and only SMS Server2.0 SP2 on my network and wiped the NT4 server also.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have since re-installed the NT server 4.0 sp6a and gave it the same PC name as well as reloaded SMS2.0 completely.<br><br>The problem is that I cannot find any SMS site now on my network when I try to install using SMSMAN.EXE.&nbsp;&nbsp;It used to work on the old server with the automatic detection option.&nbsp;&nbsp;Now I cannot find any SMS site whatsoever.<br><br>Any help would be appreciated here as I cannot believe nobody has ever had to totally reload nt server and sms before!<br><br><br>Thanks!

Is the SMS site name the same? We had several rebuilds of our site for various reasons and found that we had problems unless the site name was unique for each install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back