Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sms service account lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2006
US

I am currently running sms 2003 on windows 2003 server. I had to change the sms service account password from AD, and now the account keeps getting locked out in AD.

I went down the sms admin console and reset the password in connection account and software distribution, which are the only 2 places I can change the password in.

In event viewer I am getting a 529/539, Category logon/logoff, username: smsadmin(my sms service account), Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

I can not figure out which sms component is using this account, has anyone seen this problem before?

Its probably being used to install clients, check the properties of the client push installation on the accounts tab edit the account and correct the password in there.

(admin console under site settings, client installation methods)

In the process of troubleshooting, I went ahead and removed the sms service account from the client push account list. I am using a "smsclientpush" account to install clients, and that account is not being locked out.

Another thing I tried is changing the password back to the old one, but the accounts are still being locked out.

The catergory of event viewer is showing logon/logoff, and I can see the account tried to hit different computers on my network.

Are you using the SMS Service account as an account for any Sender Adresses?

My sender address is empty. I wonder if one of my packages is somehow using the service account for permission, but I can't find anywhere that requires me to enter a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back