Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Report to list all apps in ARP for a Device minus certain apps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenhawk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
US
I am new to SMS reports. This default report to list all ARP on a certain device came with our SMS:

Select v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName0 FROM v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS JOIN v_R_System ON v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = v_R_System.ResourceID
WHERE v_R_System.Netbios_Name0 = "TESTPC"

I want to modify it to exclude certain app names because alot of the stuff in ARP I don't need to know. So the end result is I want to list all apps on a device minus say "AdwareSafe" and "Adobe Acrobat" and "Microsoft Office". Thank you very much for any assistance.

The most simple way would be to export the all info as an excel file and filter out what you didnt care about.

I honestly cant think of a way to "filter" that out of a query, but sql isnt my strong suit either, it wouldnt suprise me if a sql guru could.

Try a SQL forum, the Report it's self is just dependent on the standard query, not SMS, I think there is an EXCLUDE WHERE command for SQL, which bolts on the end of a statement.

%YourQuery% EXCLUDE * WHERE ProgramName EQUALS Name etc....that syntax is probablyu completly wrong, but i have seen a filter this simple before.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant
HND, BSc HONS, CCNA, BCS, IETF, DMTF

Thank you all for the assistance. The code to list all ARP on a device minus certain exceptions (like security updates in this example) as follows:

Select v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName0 FROM v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS JOIN v_R_System ON v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = v_R_System.ResourceID
WHERE v_R_System.Netbios_Name0 = "TestPC" and v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName0 not like "Security Update for Windows XP%" and
v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName0 not like "Windows XP Hotfix%" order by v_GS_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back