Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Report Queries - can you query a query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISMCSA

MIS
Jun 24, 2004
US
I've got ana SMS Report that returns information about installed and mising patches on computers. The information that this query produces is thrown into the web reporting tool. I want to query some of the information in the first query so I can manipulate that data. Is there a way to query my query?

Thanks for any help.

The easiest way is to create your own report(query) producing the results you desire. Out of the box SMS has a lot of views in SQL. A lot of the reports are generated from these views. A view is a SMS query, so if you query the view you are, in essence, querying (sp) the query. I can be of further assistance if you let me know the report you are trying to create.

-If it ain't broke, break it and make it better.

Sure you can, you may want to use the "Select into <Table1>" folllowed by the rest of your SQL syntax

Once you've created your table, you can run a second query against the results in <table1>

Good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back