Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdev

Programmer
Mar 25, 2001
NL
Hello,

This has not really to do with HTML, but I couldn't thought of a better forum then HTML. If I'm wrong, I don't blame you telling me.

My question is: How can I send a "blank" SMS to a phone from my website. Without commerce in the message. You know what I mean? And I can't have a phone connected on my pc, so It has to be on a gateway or something. I'm new in this, so help me out!!

I think Europeans can give me a hand here, because Americans are not very familiar with SMS (short message service) i heard (HEARD, i don't know if it's true, but that isn't my discussion).

Greetings

Mr. Dev

I would think some third party would get involved so they could blast a load of crap along with your message... oph but its free!

Hello,

well that is what I meant. Because I can't use a phone on my computer I have to use a third party. But where can I find a third party?? It has to be:

* Free, I don't want to pay for it
* It has a possibilty to send it from a homepage, I want my visiters to sms from my page
* It has no advertising in the message, e.g. MTNSMS or Lycos has advertising in their messages

I know that's hard, but that's why I'm asking here. So please send no reply's like: "Well search the web". Because you don't have to think I have not. And also don't say: "Well look harder".

For those who can help me, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

greetz,

Mr. Dev

as far as i know, you actually need to go thru that 3rd party, rent a special modem ... kind of expensive if it's only for personnal use
so - either "hack" a session variable on a commercial site (don't !! i didn't write this !!) - or send EMAILS - that works quite well as long as the person you send an email on its phone has subscribed to this option

So, what you are NOT saying is that I go to a sms site (like MTNSMS, MSN Mobile or Lycos etc.) check how they send sms en send it the same way, on my own site, but without advertising, for free! Well if that's what you mean, I follow you're advice and will NOT do it!! ;-)

Thanks I will NOT try it,

Greetz,

Mr. DEV

i'm not sure wheter you can get rid off the commercial this way .... the best way to do it for free is to send emails, but this requires that the receiver subscribed to this option :-( (here you can do so by only emailing at xxxxxxxxx@yyyyyyy.fr, where xxx is the phone number and yyy the provider)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back