Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS packging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2003
US
I have a new job that requires SMS packaging to deploy software and patches. I am looking for training and or some recommended books I can read, to learn SMS packaging. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

There is enough information out there, I wouldn't pay for a class.

For the actual packaging of software, one option is to use the Windows Installer another is to use the Wise installer.

SUS can be added to SMS to make MS patching of systems easier.

for SMS 2003:
for SMS 2.0:

For some additional training, look at the free MS webcasts (scroll down to systems management):
more webcasts:
More training SMS 2003 virtual labs:
Finally, if you have some coin, try these demos:
Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2003

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please contact (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Microsoft SMS installer by Rod Trent (if you can find it)

Also from the MYItForum newsletter:

More on AdminStudio SMS Edition

Folks are clamoring to hear more information about the upcoming AdminStudio SMS Edition that will be available to SMS 2003 customers. InstallShield has posted a quick comparison table on their web site that shows the differences between the full AdminStudio product and AdminStudio SMS Edition. I thought I'd pass this along so you can have a quick overview of the product:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back