Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Package Deployment in DMZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelcree

Instructor
Oct 3, 2002
GB
Hello

I have as server located in our DMZ. SMS can see the server and appears looking at the logs to be communicating with it OK. However when I attempt to deploy a package to the server SMS fails with the following message:

An error occurred while preparing to run the program for advertisement "0012005D" ("0010003A" - "VirusSanUpdatesDMZ"). The operating system reported error 2147942453: The network path was not found. Additional program properties:
Command line: Name/sms_dp_SMSpkgd$/0010003A/setup.exe /silent
Working directory:
Drive letter (? = any):

Possible cause: This message most commonly occurs when the program’s command-line executable file could not be found, when a required drive letter connection to a distribution point could not be established, or when the program is configured to use the SMS Software Installation Account but the account is not specified, could not be found, or does not have the appropriate permissions.
Solution: Check each of the items listed above. This program will be retried.

I have set the SMS Software Installation Account and made sure that it has the correct permissions. So i am left with the inability to find the command line executable file but am at a loss as to what to try next. For info I have tried a number of diffent command lines all ending with the same message. If you use internet explorer and type in the address name/sms_dp_SMSpkgd$/0010003A/setup.exe the server and directory is found but the contents cannot be downloaded.

Any Ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back