Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS my Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamedTech

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
GB
Hello Chapps,

This isnt really a ColdFusion based question but i'm using it in conjunction with a ColdFusion project so thought i would post here in the hope that someone had come accross a similar issue.

Basicly the site once complete will be a directory of suppliers, i want people using the site to be able to find a supplier listed on the site and then click a "Text Me" button ... then input thier number and they recieve a text message with a copy of the details.

I havent the foggiest on how to handle the SMS side of things .. does anyone have experience in this or any adivce?

Many Thanks,

Rob

I just send emails to my phone for info from my sites, like purchases or serious errors.

most cell phones can except short emails. for example, my phones email address is 5416611xxxx@sms.edgewireless.com It is a basic free feature on most phone services no days. do do true sms, you would need to set up an sms account with a sms service provider, which is not free. this way you could have customers text you back, and make decisions based on their reply, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back