Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS from clipper app

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotharikailash

Programmer
Oct 13, 2009
IN
Is there a utility available for sending sms to mobile phone from a clipper app, with or without using the bulk-sms software.
Thanks

there are sime winsock library for clipper.

sending a text can be the same as sending an email. you need to find out the gateway of the carrier.
if in the US, for example, sprint's text message is: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
verizon, is phonenumber@vtext.com, tmobile, is phonenumber@tmomail.net

ypou can google the carrier's gateway..

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

As Ali stated, it is really just a matter of sending an email for many carriers.

I email from within clipper/xharbour using the venerable blat program (free), which works quite well via SMTP and is small enough to invoke by RUNing from within most clipper apps.

Jock

Thanks Ali, thanks JockMullin. Got busy with some other work. Now started working on it. I connected my cell phone to the PC and able to see its modem configured on a com port. Thru Hyper-terminal I am able to send SMS also. Now this has to be automated thru the clipper app. I am finding problems in writing to com port thru tmy app. The error message is 'ACCESS DENIED".
I am using fopen, fwrite, ferror functions.
Can any one please help.
Thanks

I remember when i used to write Clipper apps, i used to use modems plenty of times and i wrote my own terminal system (similar to ProCom Plus) i don't know if anyone remembers that.

Anyhow, i used a library called Telepathy that was perfect for using modems and dialing etc..

I don't know if they still able to sell you or give you a demo of the lib... or if you can find it to download it and purchase it.

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

I found gnokii's command line interface for sending SMS very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back