Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibarge

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
SMS Console has been working fine up until today ( no changes have been made to server ), yet when I try to open the collections option, I get the following error ....

_com_error exception in MMC Admin UI!

Description: Factory Enumeration Failure
HRESULT : 0xEEEE0001
File : E:\OPALSP5\mmcadminui\Support\sms_nmgr\NMGR_NodeData.cpp
Line: 221
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Description: CWbemAsyncNodeFactory::Enumerate Failed

Query :select distinct coll.* from SMS_Collection as coll join SMS_CollectToSubCollect as assoc on coll.CollectionID=assoc.subCollectionID where assoc.parentCollectionID="COLLROOT"

HRESULT : 0x800706BA-The RPC server is unavailable.

File : E:\OPALSP5\mmcadminui\Support\SMS_NWBM\NWBM_CWbemAsyncNodeFactory.cpp
Line: 107
Entry Point : Chlid node factory error Collections
Operation :
Command Line: C:\WINNT\system32\mmc.exe "C:\SMSADMIN\bin\i386\sms.msc"
Trace :

MMF Build Info : SMS 2.0 SP5 (1493)

Help !!!!!!!

Did you ever resolve this. I have had the same problem off and on for years. Apparently I am going to have to rebuild my laptop again. I installed XP SP2 RC2 and that broke it again this time. Another time, .NET framework broke it. Last time the install of Network Observer broke it. I have done everything I can think of over the last 2 years to fix this. It happens at other admins stations too. Once the error is see a client side rebuild has been the only choice. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling till blue in the face. I have tried exporting registry keys from good stations and importing them into the broken ones, to no avail.

I (think) I have narrowed it down to a WBEM problem, but thats my only progress... in 2 years and 50 hours worth of work on it.

Please let me know if you find something...

Kirk
kirkdavisesq@hotmail.com

Kirk:-

I have not resolved this problem, it went away all of it's own accord. However, since I had the original issue, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows XP, so I'm not sure if that helped resolving the problem. Sorry that I can't be of any more help to you.

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back