Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Database Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayedhacker

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
US
I have a Central Site and two Primary sites each with their own SQL Databases. I have recently come into this situation. It was installed and configured by a predecessor. It seems logical to only have one Database since all of my site servers are on the same network and are all in the same building.

Right now when a Collection is created we seem to have differing numbers of clients showing up and I think it is because each site is using its own database.

Any help on this would be great

ok - never had this problem so far - but maybe you can configure your primary sites so that the use the same database (start the sms-setup and choos modify).
does this work?

all sites have exactly the same collections?

Yeah this one was wierd for me as well. I did actually find out what was causing my differing numbers between collections though. I found that not all sites were configured the same in the site maintenance tasks area. Once all sites were configured the same it took about 5 minutes and all collections matched exactly.

Also I did realize that it is a requirement that each site have its own database either handled locally or remotely, it still has to be unique.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back