Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Backups taking forever to run/complete!!! HOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2000
US
I started a backup before leaving yesterday at 3:37pm and it still hasn't completed. From looking at the logs the only thing that has completed is:

Successfully backed C:\SMSSetup.lo* up to \\SMSServer\...

This is where it's been stuck every since 3:49pm yesterday:

STATMSG: ID=5009 SEV=I LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_SITE_BACKUP" SYS=SMSServer SITE=XX1 PID=7488 TID=7112 GMTDATE=Mon Feb 12 20:49:04.900 2007 ISTR0="C:\SMSSetup.lo*" ISTR1= \\SMSServer ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0

The SMS_Site_Backup service is still running and the Executive and Component services are stopped. I need to move everything to another server ASAP and CANNOT wait another day for this complete. Is ther anything I can do to complete this job?
Any responses are appreciated!!!

It shouldnt take long at all (I know that isn't helpful) is the hardware failing on this?

Sure, you could kill the backup process and refer to the copy made prior to the failed effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back