Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS and Pivot Pro Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltwill

Technical User
May 3, 2004
CA
Has any one seen any problems when rebooting systems using WinPortrait's Pivot Pro software. We are seeing systems go into a reboot state after rebooting through SMS. To fix the problem, we have to go into safe mode, remove Pivot and restart the machine. We have had problems with both Pivot versions 7.1 and 7.61. This is totally screwing up our major deployments because we have to physically go a fix these machines, which can take hours. Without the pivot software, the LCD pivot function on our monitors is totally useless.

Help? Anyone else seen this?

What type of machine are you using? I am using a Fujitsu lifebook P1120 and have a similiar problem. After rebooting with XP Pro, I get a blue screen that flashes by very quickly and then reboots. I got a glipmse of the error..it was NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS and once I saw PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I uninstalled pivot in safemode and was able to get back into windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back