Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS & Clustering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormer

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
I know that an SMS Site Server can not be part of a cluster as the SMS Services are not designed to switch over on failure, but I was hoping that the databse could reside on a SQL Server that is clusted. Much to my dismay Microsoft says no, but the article (Q237366) only mentions NT4 Clustering and SQL 6.5 & 7.

Does anyone know if this still applies to SQL 2000 on a Windows 2000 Cluster Server?

Hi Stormer,
we tried it in our test environment and it did not work ;)
sw used: win 2000 sp2 server / sms 2.0 sp3 / sql2000 server

Thanks Chris, everything I have found on the net suggests the same. Any idea if Topaz is going to sort this?

no idea, sorry !
we installed topaz in a test environment without clustering...but topaz is not that buggy as sms 2.0 is/was and the "new functions" (sw-metering, roamin client) works perfectly ;)
(i know that sw-metering is not really new but it works and this fact is new)

Chris,
Thanks for the SW-Metering tip, I have to implement that soon. I sent a request for Clustering Support in Topaz to the SMS Wish List, hey it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back