Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Advertisement: Cannot install on workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonRaeven

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2006
US
I'm using SMS 2003 w/SP2. I created a software package and advertised it. On the target machine, the package even appears in the Add New Programs but when I try to install I get the following error:

"This program cannot be run because the program files are currently unavailable".

I have successfully created other test packages where the command prompt and notepad appear on the target workstation.

The only difference I see is that when I run the test package, the program is being accessed from the target computer's drive (e.g., c:\windows\notepad.exe) whereas the software package is trying to access the SMS server's package directory (SMSPKGG$??).

JEngles had the exact problem as I did but unfortunately never posted the solution. JEngles only mentioned that it was about rights (permissions?).

Is anyone out there able to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back