Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS Across Subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmightyset

Technical User
Oct 19, 2005
GB
Hi

I maintain an SMS 2003 SP1 site in a Server 2003 SP1 domain with all client machines running XP.

We are looking into dividing out network into subnets and are currently testing various tools and apps across out current ip range to the new subnet which has a couple of desktops in it.

I am having trouble managing the machines with SMS, I can remote tools to the machines and I can see the machines in the "all systems" collection. Also in the all systems collection I can see that the advanced client has been assigned and that the machine has the correct site code.

How ever when I try to push software the one of the machines the software won't download to the machines cache.

the message ID is 10035 - "The program for advertisement "0082023B has not yet started because the content for the package "008000B6" - "Per-system unattended" (version 1) has not been acquired. Possible cause: The content for this program must be downloaded into the computer’s cache, or the content could not be located.
Solution: If the program is being downloaded, no action is required. The program will start once the download has been successfully completed. If the content can not be located, ensure that a distribution point with this content is available for this computer."

Software pushes work to machines on the same ip range as the server. I have added the subnet to the subnets tab in the network discovery properties sheet.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated

Read
"Microsoft SMS 2003 - Concepts, Planning and Deployment Guide" and go through the step by step guide to "Deploying SMS over multiple domains", cant remember if that is the exact chapter title or not.

It is a free PDF from MS....

When you originally installed SMS did you just have one subnet? When you added more subnets on your network did you add them to the SMS Site boundaries?

thanks to sencee for the pdf link, there was some good stuff in there.

thanks mib147 I hadn't put the address in the site boundries, worked straight away once i'd configured it.

Cheers Guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back