Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patcon55

Technical User
May 16, 2001
US
Does anyone know if SMS 2003 comes with remote control capabilities?

Thanks,

Pat Connor
patrick.a.connor@bge.com

Topaz was supposed to be the new name for SMS, but recently has been renamed to SMS 2003. From what I hear, Remote Control is not packaged with SMS 2003.

Hi Pat,
please be assured that Topaz covers your need - the RemoteControl is working fine in Topaz....as our company is Beta-Tester I can tell ;)

Chris,
Your company is a beta-tester, are you also running Active Directory? If so, how significant is the marriage between the two? Microsoft isn't real specific on this, I'm curious about how 'integrated' it is. Is it just easier to apply security settings with Topaz?

Also, have you distributed software to any mobile devices? The feature that allows a device to 'pick up where it left off' on a download from when it was last disconnected sounds great... in theory.

Ashley

Hi Ashley,
we are only using AD-Discovery and till now I haven't experienced any troubles ;)
It is much more easier to assign clients via AD discovery.
And yes, we are also using Mobile Clients and have enabled BITS (Byte Intelligent Tranfer Service) - this also works well.

Hope, this helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back