Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2003 OSD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2007
US
I am using image deployment (OSD) within SMS 2k3. I have successfully created a pc image, configured the package, the package has been created successfully and the distribution point has been updated/created. The distro share is on C:\SMSPKGC$. The network access account has been created and has both domain admin priv's and local admin rights to the SMS server. The issue is when I create the image restore CD, boot from it on the pc that the image will be restored on and select the package I get the following message:

There are no are distribution points currently available for this operating system package.Please select another operating system package or contact your system administrator.

The kicker is when I choose the option to browse to the share that contains the package source, it works fine.
I know I have done everything step by step correctly per microsoft's documentation. I have rebooted the server several times during this process, and have recreated the image restore cd after every reboot, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back