Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2003 Capacity Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggerMIS

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2006
US
I'm preparing for an SMS deployment and want to know if the capacity planner on the microsoft website for SMS is still up to date? Or, does anyone know of any good tools for planning the SMS infrastructure.

Preparing your knowledge of what affects SMS operation, what cases you need to take in to consideration.

Can you briefly summarise the cover of your network you plan to deploy to, maybe we can point you in the right direction....the size and coverage/complexity will gauge how much you really need to prepare and know before rolling out.

In regard to the capacity planner, I have never used it, so I couldn't even guess.

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

The capacity planner is a fantastic tool, but not a "last word" just a tool but very helpful (I use it all the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back