Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2.0 SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

it6uy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Just installed SMS 2.0 SP4 on a 2000 Advanced Server. I have set site boundaries and site security but am unable to find any clients. New to SMS so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have any discovery methods configured? If you do and still aren't seeing any PC's, make sure you enable the proper subnets under network discovery (the subnets are automatically discovered but you must select the ones that you want to enable discovery for. This is just 1 thing to try, SMS is a good product but it takes a fair share of tweaking to get it started.

Good Luck

hey mike i appreciate the help. I have all the discovery methods turned on as well as the subnet setup on the site boundaries. The only thing SMS displays is the server itself and nothing else. No clients or servers aside form the primary site box.

I had the same problem, and found that SMS will bring in the clients, it just takes time, some of my sites over a WAN can take upto a week to be fully installed. Just make sure that the clients are running the SMS login script, this seems to speed things up a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back