Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2.0 (SP2) Secondary Site Installation fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

hseeger

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2001
GB
One of my secondary sites refuses to complete it's installation. I chose remote installation, all files were transferred and installed, the site is running and communicating with it's parent site. But when you open the Admin Console it still says "Pending" that's why I'm not able to finalise the installation (Boundaries etc.)
I'm really confused because, as I said before, child and parent communication is working fine. Checked the logfiles but did not find any error messages. Tried several reboots and reinstallations, it did not help. I have installed 8 other secondary sites without any problems... Unfortunetely this strange behavior seems to be unknown to MS, no information at all in the KB or in the whole www.
And I'm not yet able to install the latest servicepacks, as we are a very big company and the "master" is located in Dallas/USA and I'm responsible for Central Europe. Have to wait for the guys in the states that they apply the servicepacks....

I made a mistake: It's only SMS 2.0 SP1(!!)

I have had that problem before. I had to access that remote server and uninstall the site and then i went into the registry and removed the SMS, NAL and WEBM entries and delete all files and folders related to SMS. Also you may want to check the event log to see if you are having an error messages related to connective or the server not seeing the domain at times.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back