Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sms 2.0 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayceexyz

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
GB
Hi

We have 3 SMS Servers, 1 Primary in HQ(parent site)and 2 secondary servers in branch offices. I've just added a new primary site in HQ , everything has replicated except the queries from the Parent.
We have a 2003 servers in forest and domain except for servers running SMS which are running windows 2000 sp4 and sms sp5
Also checked the smslogon/sites cant find the new site.

Am i doing something wrong?

Do you have the senders in place for bothe the new primary and old central site, and are the boundaries configured

Yea the boundaries are configured exactly the same as the parent. On the primary server the sender is standard sender with the name of the server. On the parent its the same

But your not supposed to have your boundaries overlap...
As far as the senders go I was refering more to the addresses. Are you Upgrading from 2.0?

I know you dont have to overlap the boundaries. Just moving all the functions from the parent server to the primary server . Have successfully moved everything except the queries. Yea the address is configured otherwise the replication wouldnt work.
By default should the queries replicate to the primary from the parent when a new primary server is introduced?.

oops forgot to mention the clients are connecting to the new server now and all the packages and advertisments are working. I can run the reports from the parent server ok but just wondering if the queries replicate to a newly introduced primary server by default as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back