Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMS 2.0 Client: clients show No after site server re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkidd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2001
US
We had a site server that had to be re-installed, hardware failure, and re-installed with same configurations for site server name database name etc. but now the clients are showing back up in the database as being assigned but no client installed, but I know they are installed, because remote tools work, but no software or hardware inventory is being collected and no packages are being distributed, is their any way I can force a client re-install or to change the database to show that these clients are installed?

Never ran into this problem. I think if you take the SMS site server off line for a few days, the clients will automatically uninstall themselves.

After you verify that the clients have unintalled, put the site server back on-line. The have the clients run the smsls.bat file to re-install the client software.

(Why didn't you repair the hardware...Then all's you would have had to do it place the server back on-line?)

another resource you could use is This site is pretty good for SMS type stuff) Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

Not too sure that just turning it off will get you where you want to go. You should be able to log on 3 times and the client is "supposed" to auto update. However if... this doesn't happen, you can re-run the smsls.bat and it should get you back on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back