Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMP and SCSI controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucemc

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
AU
Hi there everybody,
My problem....
Fresh install of Openserver 5.0.6 -
Hardware - Intel dual P4 Xeon motherboard (SE7500CW)
2 X P4 Xeon 2.4 Ghz
Adaptek 2100S raid controller and a raid 5 array of IBM 18Gb drives
TEKRAM 315U SCSI controller to run tape drive
Seagate DDS3 drive

Problem is , the Tekram (using t3x5 driver from Tekram) works fine UNTIL SMP is installed, once it is installed the Controller just hangs. ..

Suggestions please? (yes I know buy a real SCSI controller)

Also tried a Diamond Fireport 20 card that I use in a Win2k box but the slha driver doesnt recognise it. (its a NCR53C865J chip)
So far I have re-installed and not put on SMP, but have put on 5.0.6A, and oss648a and everything is fine, but client has paid for SMP and therefore wants to install it. May be able to get around this once old system is de-commisioned as it has a alad controller inside that I might be able to grab.

So another Question if I may... to redo SMP, I need to roll back in the reverse order oss648a, 5.0.6a then put it all back again right?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Bruce Mcleod

Not sure what's causing your problem, but you're correct about the procedure for reinstalling SMP as that way you can guarantee that any SMP patches in RS505A are applied. Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back