Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMIT PDAM Consistency Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

unic

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Replaced a failed hard drive in a RAID 5 config. Performed the Reconstruct function which ran with no failures and the array showed all 5 drives back online and in optimal state again, but forgot to perform the "Consistency Check" afterwards. It has been a week now and I'm just wondering if it was ok to run the Consistency Check anytime without any adverse effects? And should I just run the check first, or the check with repair option? My AIX support line is hourly for this machine so I don't want to use that option.

Thanks!

Yes, you're right. I found the RAID Adapter Reference Guide and the Reconstruct is sufficient...no need to run the Consistency Check afterwards as any errors would show up with the Reconstruct. In fact, the Consistency Check should be run when there is a system crash or power problems which wasn't the case here. Thanks for the reply though, greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back