Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMIGRATE - not restoring site in the same domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacek99

Programmer
Jun 30, 2009
PL
Hello,

I have a problem with SMIGRATE, when i create backup
When i create fwp file i get this errors:
"Progress: Server error: couldn't send 'Lists/Salesmen/238_.0
00'
Progress: Documents retrieved 1248001 of 1248001 bytes
Progress: Fetching 499 files (Chunk 1/1) - Lists/Salesmen/23"
After the process the file is created. When I restore sharepoint site on another server it works but I get this at the end of the restoring process(part of it is in polish, it says that it has failed dou to the unexpected error):

"Progress: Creating directories
Progress: Directories created
Progress: Sending manifest
Progress: Finished sending manifest
Progress: Server error: Operacja nie powiod?a si?, poniewa? wyst?pi? nieoczekiwa
ny b??d. (Kod wyniku: 0x8000ffff)
Progress: All sites restored
30 Jun 2009 09:11:54 +0200 ERROR (possibly fatal):
ERROR: 327747 Server error: Operacja nie powiod?a si?, poniewa? wyst?pi? nieocz
ekiwany b??d. (Kod wyniku: 0x8000ffff)
30 Jun 2009 09:11:54 +0200 Site closed
30 Jun 2009 09:11:54 +0200 Site collection closed"

I have tested it in two configurations:
DOMAIN A -> DOMAIN B
DOMAIN B -> DOMAIN B
Every time I get the same errors, but when i Backup sharepoint in domain B and restore it in domain A - the sharepoint site works perfectly.
When i backup domain B and restore it in the same domain the sharepoint site doesn't work. When I open the site in Internet Explorer I get the error about a missing file (the file is not specified). But I can still open " and view and change settings.

Any Ideas how I can backup the site in domain B and restore it on another server in domain B?

The commands that I use are:
Creating a backup:
SMIGRATE.EXE -w -f e:\backup\sharepoint_20090625.fwp -u domain\administrator -pw *

Creating a sharepoint site without a template:
STSADM -o createsite -url -owneremail jacek99@domain.com -ownerlogin domain\administrator -title "Domain - Intranet"

Restoring a site:
SMIGRATE.EXE -r -w -f c:\BACKUP\Sharepoint\2009-06-29\sharepoint_20090629.fwp -u domain\administrator -pw *

Do you have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back