Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMI Workbench : automatic user creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium

MIS
Mar 10, 2006
ES
Hello people,

I'm a Nortel symposium newbie so far, and i need
to know if there's a manner to create multiple users
from script or something ( i need to automate creation of login, password, phoneset, skillset, call presentation and supervisor.)

thanks for any help.

If you are using Symposium Web Server, you can copy agent properties so that all you have to do is fill in the name and the agent ID, and that's it. I don't know of a way of automating the entire process, but with the web, at least you can copy agent properties which, compared to what we did with the traditional client, is a wonderful enhancement.

There really is no way to do it other than the long way...Sorry

Using SWC and SCT. SCT (Symposium Configuration Tool) is basically an EXCEL spreadsheet filled with SCCS configuration info. The Xcel spreadsheet is downloaded off the SWC server. Fill in the spreadsheet and upload the data to the SCCS. Works great for a new Call Center or having to input huge amount of data. If you have a fast connection...perfect, sucks if you're on dialup...but sucks less than having to manually enter everything.

In CC6 you have the option to "add many users" from a .csv-file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back