Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR6 extracting raw data

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwalters

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2013
US
If I connect a SMDR6 on a Nortel MICS 6.1 will I be able to see the raw data on my laptop by using a program like Putty?

Yes

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I have a similar need to reveiw data from the switch.
I want to develop a report on the "line usage" over the business day on a regular basis, i.e. every 5 min all day for a week or even a month. This information will be used to determine if the client has too many lines or not enough lines on the KSU. The client has just changed to a VoIP provider and thhis provider doesn't have a "Busy Line Study" capability available. I dont need detailed information such as extension called or long distance issues, just in and out usage.
Is the SMDR the right bit of equipment and can I trandfer the "solution" to another client with a BCM or CICS KSU?
Regards,
Datajockey123

SMDR only spits out the raw data
This data can be viewed on above mentioned programs or Procom is another.
You can see samples in the manual as to how it spits out.

Or you can get 3rd party programs that will take the data and do a lot more with it such as reports and accounting.
Try looking at RSI:
The newer method is via the CTA device.
Your 3rd party program will advise what is required.

Not sure what you mean by "transfer" but sounds like no.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back